- Attend court hearings virtually and in person at DC Superior Court and provide legal and administrative support to the supervising and volunteer attorneys.
- Assist in the case administration of Child Advocacy (Guardian ad Litem)and Domestic Violence matters, including court document management.
- Support the operation of our weekly remote and in-person Domestic Violence & Immigration Clinics
- Any additional projects as assigned.
- Minimum commitment of 12 hours per week.
- Availability to travel to and from DCVLP’s office, our legal clinics, and DC Superior Court (a DCVLP-funded SmarTrip card is provided, if needed, for travel on Metrorail and Metrobus).
- Keen attention to detail and strong organizational, computer, and writing skills.
- Positive attitude and ability to deal with sensitive issues.
TO APPLY: We are not currently accepting applications. Please check back in early January 2024 for instructions on how to apply for Summer 2024. If you have any questions, please reach out to Gargie Nagarkar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internships are available for the fall semester (September – December), spring semester (January – May), and the summer (June – August). Interns are provided with a $500 stipend. DCVLP may be able to assist you in obtaining academic credit if provided with the required documents.
Spanish-speakers and those with an interest in law school are strongly encouraged to apply.