We are diving into DC Pro Bono Week 2021 with Pro Bono Goes Local on Friday, October 22, from 12-1 pm ET via Zoom.
This launch event begins with opening remarks from Chief Judge Blackburne-Rigsby from the D.C. Court of Appeals, and Chief Judge Josey-Herring from the Superior Court for the District of Columbia. Next, we will share good news and inspiration about the many ways DC law firms are giving back through a pro bono initiative called DC Represents.
Edward “Smitty” Smith from DLA Piper will highlight the importance of pro bono work during these challenging times, and highlight the many ways DC law firms are giving back through the DC Represents pro bono initiative.
You also won’t want to miss the chance to get up to speed on the most recent developments in pro bono practice. Hear spark talk updates from those in the know about these important pro bono practice areas:
- Domestic Violence – Aida Vindell, DC Volunteer Lawyers Project
- Housing/Evictions – Lauren King, D.C. Bar Pro Bono Center
- Family Law – Jen Masi, Children’s Law Center
- Consumer/Debt – AJ Huber, Tzedek DC
- Public Benefits, Drake Hagner, Legal Aid Society for the District of Columbia
- Immigration, Irfana Anwer, AYUDA
Join us for the kickoff to our week-long celebration of pro bono! You’ll come away with a wealth of information on hot topics in pro bono, and the chance to connect with great pro bono opportunities!
Pro Bono Goes Local is free to attend, but advance registration is required. Spread the word! Invite a friend! #DCProBono21